COMPASS Pathways is a mental health care company. We are dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health.
Our co-founders George Goldsmith and Ekaterina Malievskaia experienced significant difficulties finding help for a family member with depression some years ago. They also encountered many others who struggled with similar feelings of helplessness and disempowerment. Motivated to find a new approach to mental health, they founded COMPASS in 2016.
At COMPASS, we are all committed to developing therapies that will help patients and their families, and ease the burden on healthcare systems. Backed by a team of leading experts in medicine, mental health, business, and academia, we put patients at the heart of everything we do. Our first major initiative is developing psilocybin therapy through late-stage clinical trials in Europe and North America for people with treatment-resistant depression.
Watch this video to learn more about our work
We have put a lot of thought into the kind of organisation we want to be. Our whole team has worked together to articulate four core values that define who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
We are driven by direct and personal experience of treatment-resistant depression and the need for better care options. This is why our work is rooted in these core principles:
- We are committed to developing patient pathways and therapies that improve mental health care, and then making these available and accessible to the people who will benefit from them the most.
- Our work is based on scientific rigour and we adhere to the highest standards of intellectual and scientific integrity in all that we do.
- We believe in conducting carefully controlled clinical trials, this is key to getting innovative treatments from the lab to patients. We develop our clinical research programme using recommended scientific processes from regulatory agencies.
- We adhere to the highest standards in collecting data, and make these available to the research community as soon as possible after study completion. We publish all clinical study results, positive and negative, recognising the contributions of our partners. We hope our research will inspire and accelerate the development of therapies that will change lives.
- We are building a sustainable business model, discovering and developing innovative therapies for people who need them. We are focused on flexible, value-driven approaches to pricing and the exercise of intellectual property rights that will incentivise innovation and enable access to it.